Friday, July 11, 2008

Using Positive Affirmations


Using Positive Affirmations in your Daily Life
to enhance health, well-being, creativity, abundance, and to just plain feel better!

Set Your Goal:
Decide what it is you want and write some affirmations for yourself. Always make positive statements about what you want and how you want to feel, and phrase them in the present tense. See them as already existing the way you want it to be, not in the past and not in the future, but right now as if you have already achieved your goal.

Focus On It Often:
Repeat your affirmations often. Write them down and carry them around with you to help reinforce them. Record your affirmations on tape or cd and play them back to yourself often, especially while sleeping. Repeat them first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Say them to yourself while looking at yourself in the mirror, and really feel it.

Give It Positive Energy:
Get into the feeling of the affirmations. The feeling is very important. We need to engage not just our mind with words, but our body as well with the feeling, which helps us anchor and realize the affirmations much faster. Let your imagination soar! Explore all the minute details of what you want to manifest and how it feels. Describe it in detail. Talk with loved-ones and friends about what you want only if they positively support it. Do not share it with others who would give you negative feedback. Do not let others sway you from your positive feelings.

Note: Stop all negative thinking. Pay attention to your internal dialogue. When you are not feeling good, what you are thinking? When you catch yourself thinking thoughts that don't feel good, stop! Immediately replace those thoughts with your new positive affirmations. Do this as often as you can throughout your day until you feel better. When you start to feel better, keep thinking and saying your affirmations until you feel great. When you feel great, keep thinking and saying your positive affirmations! Don't give those negative thoughts a chance to creep back in. Be ever vigilant and you will succeed! If you are around people who are negative, start talking about your positive affirmations and positive subjects. If they are still negative, and you can't get away from them, bring it to their attention or ask them to stop. Usually they are not even aware of what they are doing. If they won't stop, remove yourself. If you can't remove yourself, then say your affirmations silently and firmly, feeling every word, and visualizing the positive energy engulfing all negativity around you! Remember that no matter what is going on in your external circumstances, ALL IS WELL and you are always connected to your guidance within!

Here are some positive affirmations:

  • I love myself. I love everything about me. I am beautiful. I am loving. I love me just as I am.
  • I bless this moment. I trust myself and the Universe. I expect the Best.
  • Everything I need flows effortlessly and easily to me. I am abundant and prosperous.
  • I am Divinely protected at all times and am invincibly protected against any human thought or activity that does not serve my highest good and the highest good of those around me.
  • I forgive myself and I forgive my mother, my father, my brothers, my sisters, and all who have harmed me. I love myself.
  • I am the most important person in my life and I lovingly take good care of myself. I recognize that only when I am "filled from within" can I truly give to others.
  • I give thanks for all the wonderful people in my life who lovingly support me.
  • I listen to myself and take action to fulfill what I most need.
  • I have everything I need in this moment. I ask for what I need. I open to receive.
  • In the infinity of life where I am now, all is perfect, whole and complete.
  • I am a powerful being and within me is a source greater than I can imagine.
  • I am perfect just as I am and my body is perfect just as it is.
  • I accept and thank the wisdom within as it guides me through my life and leads me to the fulfillment of my heart’s desires.
  • I ask for higher guidance to assist me in creating what I want.
  • I clear my mind and allow the messages of Spirit/my Highest Self to flow through me.
  • I know that I am here by my own design and I take full responsibility for my life.
  • I have the free will, sense of responsibility, and spiritual integrity I need to create a loving and joyful life.
  • My intuition is strong, clear and accurate. I am open to all impressions that come to me through the working of my intuition, a sacred and vital part of my inner wisdom.
  • I am wise and I make sound choices. My knowledge, skills and talents help to make this lifetime a loving, abundant, prosperous and fulfilling one. I love myself and my life.
  • Opportunity is all around me. New opportunities are opening up to me now, and I accept them into my life.
  • I love myself enough to stay in my own center of truth.
  • I welcome and honor the presence of my Higher Self, my Spirit Guides and Helpers. I have Divine help and assistance as I go through this life. I am never alone. When I need help, I ask my guides for assistance and they always answer me.
  • I live a totally successful life. Success in all areas of my life comes to me easily. My successes in life contributes to my spiritual good and the betterment of humankind.
  • I love my body and thank it for its radiant health and vitality, and its wondrous ability to heal itself. I live in harmony and balance with my body, mind, emotions and spirit.
  • My perfect work expression comes to me easily and effortlessly. It is positive and harmonious and pays me well. I allow great abundance to flow to me from everywhere.
  • Each day I create positive energy, circumstances and events. I am ready and open to receive my greatest desires. I am in the perfect place and have all that it takes to accomplish my goals. I create all that I need and want. Everything comes to me easily. I accept my abundance.
  • I give myself permission and power to be whatever I desire!
  • I assume the privilege and power to be a unique individual in my own right!
Resources:

From Louise Hay, a prayer for today:

In the infinity of life where I am, all is perfect, whole and complete.

I live in harmony and balance with everyone I know. Deep at the center of my being, there is an infinite well of love. I now allow this love to flow to the surface. It fills my heart, my body, my mind, my consciousness, my very being, and radiates out from me in all directions and returns to me multiplied. The more love I use and give, the more I have to give. The supply is endless.

The use of love makes me feel good, therefore, I take loving care of my body. I lovingly feed it nourishing foods and beverages, I lovingly groom it and dress it, and my body lovingly responds to me with vibrant health and energy.

I love myself; therefore, I provide for myself a comfortable home, one that fills all my needs and is a pleasure to be in. I fill the rooms with the vibration of love so that all who enter, myself included, will feel this love and be nourished by it.


I love myself; therefore, I work at a job I truly enjoy doing, one that uses my creative talents and abilities, working with and for people I love and who love me, and earning a good income.

I love myself; therefore, I behave and think in a loving way to all people for I know that that which I give out returns to me multiplied. I only attract loving people in my world, for they are a mirror of what I am.

I love myself; therefore, I forgive and totally release the past and all past experiences and I am free.

I love myself; therefore, I live totally in the now, experiencing each moment as good and knowing that my future is bright and joyous and secure, for I am a beloved child of the Universe and the Universe lovingly takes care of me now and forever more.

All is well in my world.